Friday, January 11, 2019

Slight detour

I took a day to catch up on some handwork and repairs. One was a small repair on the back and hand sew the binding. I didn't get a picture before it went out the door.😐I finished the charcoal binding on the orange UFO quilt, and cut the next round of squares for the trip around the world repair.
I had an unusual request for some "Tuck-ins" on a favorite comforter from one of my disabled customers. She tends to pull the cover off during her sleep, and wanted a deeper piece to tuck under the mattress. Here it is, all finished.
Now, she has 20 inches on the side and bottom of the comforter for her husband to tuck in. That should do it!
Regular quilting projects went on as usual, with this quilt from a student in my Garden Delight class.
My customer took the class last year, and finished it! I love her selection of soft florals for the quilt.

Panto: Frolic

Soft and pretty green calico backing.
I went off to get my hair cut and run some errands today while Mr Wazoo held down the fort. He must have quilted like a mad man, because he finished these quilts from the same customer.
The customer who sews these is well into her 80s and still going strong. I love getting quilts from her.

Panto: Oriental fans

Elegant gold printed fabric on the back.

This quilt used soothing floral fabrics and complimentary colored blocks.

Panto: Daisy swirl

A peek at the back
I visited my quilting friend and hairdresser extraordinaire today, chatting him up, looking at his latest projects and talking shop. It was a well needed break from my daily regimen. Some grocery shopping, a trip to the bank and picking up a quilt to be finished rounded out the day. I haven't done any hand work tonight. Just a glass of wine and some Doc Martin on PBS. Life is good.
Feeling snazzy with my new hair style.
* Just a note for Shoshu: I have tried to post a reply to your questions and for some reason, they are disappearing into the ether of the internet. Email me at wazoo4u@gmail.com and I will send you the information you wanted. Thanks! Susan




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.