Sunday, January 20, 2019

Snug in the studio

Why go outside when there is a nice warm room and quilts to be worked on? I'm not going to brave the cold weather when I can be inside with my fabric! Yesterday, it was blustery and cold, with rain on and off. Just a gray day. In the studio, I had the giant, wonky horse quilt to contend with. It almost beat me, but I persevered and got it quilted.

You have to zoom in to see them...the seams I put into the borders to get them to lay a bit flatter so I could quilt them. The quilt was baggy in some places and canted to the right the entire time I was quilting it. All this taken into consideration, it turned out pretty good!

Panto: Woven wind

Lucky for me, the back is this busy print that hides all the  places where I had to alter the front.
Mr Wazoo had quilted this bright quilt , but hadn't trimmed or photographed it. I was in the way with my own sewing project. Midway through the day, I cleared the cutting table and trimmed away on it.

The simple pattern works well with the bright fabrics

Panto: Alfresco

The backing was a plain white bedsheet.
While not manipulating the big horse quilt, I worked on the borders for my black and white Thicket quilt. Hopefully, I will get this flimsy done today and work on the raffle quilt borders. I'd really like to get that quilt finished ASAP and start selling tickets for our guild's show.
Cold weather be damned! Let's quilt something!!

I put this aside for a while, but felt the need to get it finished. Two borders are on, and I'm in the home stretch of the sewing part. Wouldn't it be something if I actually got it quilted, too?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.