Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Typical work day

The day started with taking in shirts for a tee shirt quilt. The customer came from Gainesville and said the fog on Blood Mountain was thick as pea soup! I'm glad I didn't have to go anywhere today. The wind was howling  and the sky was gray all day. A perfect day to get some serious work done.
I quilted and trimmed my Thicket quilt to have it for show and tell at guild. I meant to have it bound and sent to my son for his birthday on Friday, but it is still without binding, and waiting to be finished and sent.

I used the panto, Yodel, for a contemporary look.
Today, I quilted this very big quilt. It has a pieced backing that gave me a few problems with saggy bits, but came out nicely in the end.

The panel parts and text fabrics are in French. Ooh la la!

Panto: Adore


Here is the pieced backing.
While quilting the customer quilt, I cut out the appliqué bits for one border of the raffle quilt, picked the fabrics, pressed them on and glued the seam allowances to the back of each piece. I also made a really long piece of 3/8 inch bias stem. All this prep, and still nothing to show you!
I have been hand sewing the binding down on the customer quilt in the pictures, and will quit before I finish it. I am too tired to do it all tonight. With a break to eat supper, I have been working since 9:30 in the morning. It's midnight, and I'm going to bed!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.