Wednesday, April 3, 2019

A bit of quilting, a bit of picking and some happy dogs

The hand sewing on the memory quilt made from ties was finished this morning, and both quilts will go home to the quilt maker tomorrow. Mr Wazoo took a ride over to Blue Ridge to take Molly for a fluff and buff while he visited his favorite plant store. Meanwhile, Molly's friend, Bullwinkle was dropped off for an overnight visit.
Bullwinkle and I went down to the studio to work, and I finished the picking the quilting out on the big quilt. I spritzed the picked parts with water and steamed them with a hot iron to close up any stitching holes. It is on the frame now, ready to be re-quilted tomorrow.

My fingers are crossed that the quilting won't have the same problems that caused Mr W to give up on it.
During the time I was picking out the quilting, I was also quilting a couple of small quilts on the Millie. I have one more for this customer, and then I'll get them going home!

This is a classy and modern baby quilt! I love the fabrics.

Panto: Funky Fans, with light gray thread

The back is equally as wonderful as the front!

Here is a finished UFO the customer had put away a while ago. Now, it's finished and ready to hang next Fall!

Panto: Twinkling leaves with blue-gray thread

Pumpkiny backing.
Mr Wazoo brought Molly home from the groomer, and she is a pretty girl!

Not the best photo, but you get the idea...sweet smelling, too.
Mr Wazoo went to work and finished two small quilts, too!

Another fun quilt made by my oldest customer!

Panto: Modern loops

A peek at the back

This is the second quilt by the same customer. Bright and cheerful.

It had a pieced back. Panto: Trellis Vine
After supper, Winkie made himself at home, and we all wound down from the activities of the day. We'll be up early tomorrow to start right in with more quilting and dog fun.

Winkie says, "good night!"










No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.