Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Taxes!!

I finally had to bite the bullet and prepare our taxes. I dread it every year, and always promise myself to be more organized next year. That never happens, but I am getting better. After eight hours on the computer and on the phone to the CPA at Turbo Tax (remember the commercial, "free, free, free...") I finished the work and filed our return. The happy surprise is that this year we don't have to pay! The return may be small, but it's better than a kick in the pants. Now, back to quilting!!
Mr Wazoo stayed busy in the man cave, quilting two customer quilts while it poured rain and rumbled thunder outside. He doesn't mind staying inside when the lightning is flashing nearby in the woods!

This is an interesting take on Bear Paw. The background is the scrappy part and the solid is the 'paw'. Unfortunately, he got the leg of the dresser he's refinishing for me in the picture. Oops!

One of our prettiest pantos: Come Dance With Me

Beautiful selection for backing fabric, too.

There's that darn leg again!,,, This customer came from over the mountain in Cleveland to have
Mr W do her quilt. Wow, he's popular!

Hmmm...can't see the pattern at all.

Panto: Weatherize
I finished quilting the customer project with embroidered blocks and did the hand sewing last night. There is a second, much bigger quilt to be made and finished, but it will have to wait a bit. I have a tee shirt quilt to do first, plus some lovely custom jobs coming up in the queue.

Here is the lap quilt I made with the six blocks. The binding is solid pink.

Panto: Frolic

The backing is the same fabric as the sashing. Really soft and pretty.
I also quilted this big log cabin quilt yesterday, and I am hand sewing the binding tonight...and probably tomorrow night, too.

This was a challenge.Neither square or flat, with a baggy backing. There were a few small tucks.

Panto: Funky Fans

The pieced back was also a quilting challenge. I plan to talk with the quilter and see if she would like a lesson or two. She is really new and always makes big quilts. Measuring and cutting accurately are important. So is that quarter inch seam!!
At least we had some sun yesterday. The dogwood is starting to bloom and the other plants are also popping out. It still rains ever other day, but we're inching into Spring!

Dogwood blooms nearly open. 

Mr Wazoo's handiwork in the yard.
And this, just for fun.

The pea third from the top looks just like  the yard man himself!!






1 comment:

  1. You're luckier than I am. My taxes were $4500 more than 2017. In order to cover this year I had to up the withholding to 25% of my monthly pension. Had to sew a whole lotta blocks to calm down after doing my taxes last weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.