Monday, April 1, 2019

The daily grind

Today started with a routine doctor appointment, featuring my second pneumonia shot. All is well, and I was making my next appointment when in walks Mr Wazoo! He had also been at his doctor appointment and saw my car was still in the lot, so he came in to check on me. Aw...so thoughtful. We headed out together and did the 'Big Shop'. That's what we call the grocery shopping we do once a month to replenish all our pantry and freezer stock. Any other trips to the store are for perishables and greeting cards! Anyway, we forgot to go back to the doctor's office and get his truck. Oops. Oh well, we still had a nice time together.
At home, I trimmed the three tee shirt quilts and worked the rest of the day on the small custom quilt. One border to go. All the flowers and leaves are done as well as the inner border. Here are the tee shirt quilts.

When I called the quilt maker, she said these were the first quilts she had made! She really did a good job. Tee shirts aren't always cooperative.

I did the same easy meander on all three since they were loaded one after another on one ginormous backing.

White backing on all three.

Here is quilt number two.


And this is number three. These are three lucky kids to have a mom who would do this for them.

Don't be crabby! Be happy!!
I quit a bit early today to finish the last couple of laundry loads before supper. A little hand work with one of the repair quilts, and it's time for bed. Tomorrow is another day filled with both the mundane and the sublime. I have to hurry up and sleep!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.