Friday, May 31, 2019

Busy day in the studio

All three machines were humming today, as well as my Bernina. I finished the vintage quilt top and loaded it at the end of the day's work. I will quilt it tomorrow.
I quilted a charity quilt while starting the stitch in the ditch on the custom job. Mr Wazoo finished quilting the tee shirt quilt I made for my customer, and I answered the telephone a hundred times!! I am sure sick of the robot sales calls... Having a business, I can't ignore calls. It may be a customer. Now, the robot calls even have people's names on the caller ID. So frustrating.
Oh well, here's what we accomplished between calls.

This one patch scrap quilt is a charity quilt given to me by a customer and friend.

Lots of fun prints

Johnny Appleseed under the panto Funky Fans.

Jinny Byer backing from the 80s.

SID started. Boring, but necessary for a good result.

The vintage top turned out nice. I'm using the same panto (funky fans) for this one, too.

I need to add the binding so the tee shirt quilt will be ready to go home.

Panto: Square Spiral

Multi colored back

A better view of the shadow effect.
Outside, the foliage is sure lush and green! Unfortunately, we need rain. The hot, windy weather is really tough on the garden plants. Just look at all the shades of green in these pictures!

Yup, we live in the woods!!

More woods
There is a happy ending to the turkey bomb story from yesterday! Mr W took the truck into the Chevy dealer today, and they were able to fix the damage by pushing the front back into the truck. Seems there are 9 clips that hold the whole thing in, and the turkey knocked the entire unit off its clips!! The lights all work and everything is secure. No charge. Yippee! We'll have to see what he gets up to next!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.