Saturday, May 25, 2019

I'm tired and my feet hurt

We sat down and talked about the future of Wazoo today. There is a rack loaded with customer quilts to be done, and we whittle away at it every day. I work 7 days a week, from 10:00 AM until 6:00 PM. Mr Wazoo works in the man cave a couple of days a week, and the rest in the yard. I'm feeling somewhat overwhelmed with it all, and we both agree, scaling back is in the cards.I will do the custom quilts that we have here, but no more. We'll do fine with pantographs and commissioned work. I would love to sew for my own pleasure, and sit and read a good book without falling asleep!
So, where are we today? Trying to get up to date and make our customers happy. I have to buckle down to custom quilting and get those out the door. We keep on quilting, and hope to have some fun, too. Here's what we did yesterday and today.

Here is the second QOV. Mr W sent them off today

Panto: Simply Stars


I did this low custom tee shirt quilt for the customer's niece.
She will graduate in a week.

Part of the quilt is done with a musical notes panto.
The customer didn't want stitching on the photo, so I just did some swirly stuff in the white border.


This QOV is for the customer's brother!
She will deliver it to him in Indiana a couple of weeks from now.

I like the piecing pattern. The panto is Simply Stars again.

Flag backing.

Mr Wazoo quilted this pretty lap quilt.
It is the customer's first quilt!

Panto: Angel Wings, as requested.

Swirly print backing.
At my trunk show the other day, a guild member brought her Granddaughter along to see the quilts. When I finished the talk, some of the ladies were asking me questions and chatting. Harmony, the little girl, came over and quietly asked me how much the animal quilt cost. She really liked it and wanted to buy it. I told her that I don't sell my quilts, I give them away. She walked off and I finished chatting with the members. I saw her in the back of the room, sitting quietly waiting for her Gran to finish up, and decided she needed to have the quilt. Oh my! She was so excited when I gave it to her. I wish everyone who gets a quilt would be so happy. It made my day.

My Thicket quilt that Harmony loved.


Me with Harmony (and the quilt!)
I would be a bad Grandma if I didn't show you my graduate granddaughter. She had many awards festooning her gown! She is National Honor Society, ROTC, and got a scholarship! Go Hana!!

Hana

Hana and my daughter, Amy


1 comment:

  1. I've reached that stage, as well, when I feel I need to create time for myself to slow down. Why don't I have time to read a book? I'm always asking my husband. It's hard to pull back when we have our passion, but sometimes too much IS too much. Lovely story about the animal quilt. Thanks for your post.
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.