Monday, May 6, 2019

Some quilting and some flowers

This tee shirt quilt is really frustrating me! I should have been finished with the top today, but the measuring and piecing are quite fiddly and annoying. That's what I get for trying to make it more interesting than just rows of squares.


It took all day to get this far!

I accomplished one thing...I quilted this lovely log cabin quilt.

You have seen this panto a few times lately. I can't help it, it is perfect for this quilt. Paradise Feathers

Even more beautiful from the back.

Molly and I strolled through the gardens to relax a bit before I had to get supper going.
The iris are huge this Spring.


The mountain laurel are starting to open up from the 'kissy' pink flowers to the  tiny white bells. They are so delicate and pretty!

I have forgotten the name of these pink flowers. We have had them in most places we've lived.

Now, the darker pink peonies are opening up!
I should be able to pick a couple tomorrow.
Their scent is heavenly.

The drift roses are loaded with buds and blooming, too.
Are you seeing the trend in color? Mr W loves pink flowers.

I cut this peony to have indoors. It is as big as my outstretched hand!

Wow! Something blue! The hummingbirds go crazy for these.

The little willow shrub is still frilly and sweet.

The leaves (or flowers?) are pink and have spots. So pretty.

We call this tickseed, but that may not be the real name.
I like it because it's bright and happy.

I put the peony in a little vase I picked up in France. It is right over the sink, so I could admire and smell it while working in the kitchen!
Tomorrow I'm off to a meeting, and then a trip to Walmart for travel supplies and snacks.Wednesday will be a packing day, then we're off on our adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.