Wednesday, June 12, 2019

What is a normal day here?

Yesterday, I had what I would consider a pretty normal day for Wazoo. In the morning, I had a show meeting, followed by some errands, then home by lunchtime. Boring so far, right?
In the afternoon, I switched gears to the quilting mode, and had two quilts loaded by 1:00. One is a pantograph, so I started it on the Millie while pinning the other one, a beautiful Baltimore album custom job, onto the Gammill. After that, I began the cutting of the men's ties quilt, and made the first Dresden plate 'blades'. A couple of quilts were dropped off (along with chatting with the quilters), and one went home. By then, it was six o'clock and time to close up shop. Maybe this wasn't a full day, but you get the idea.
Any time in the studio with fabric and quilts is a wonderful time! I have a full day ahead, with Mr W off to South Carolina for his Mom visit. Hopefully, I will have something to show you that isn't so boring by the end of the day!

Millie is humming along on a scrappy quilt.

The custom job is loaded, and I hope to get some stitch in the ditch done around all the applique.

Gorgeous and well made.

The ties are ready, and the cutting started.

The first blades ready for pressing and sewing together.

My quilts came back from the Cobb County show. This is the ribbon I won. Isn't it pretty!?

Mr Wazoo got the bird bath/fountain set up and running. The plants are a natural filter and keep the water pristine for the birds without having to use any chemicals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.