Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Making masks

Boy, there are many tutorials for making masks out there, and I have watched a few. The mask I am making is the more difficult one that fits over the N59 mask. My daughter works in a clinic where they are rationing the masks, so they need the cloth ones to wear over the N59 ones and keep them a bit cleaner. Yesterday, I made 15 of them. Today, I will finish up the 13 I have cut out and get them mailed to Oregon.


The new masks are made with this batik. They are lined with white sheeting backed with non-woven fusible interfacing. They have large elastic hair ties for the ear pieces and a wire between the layers to cinch them to the nose. They are a bit labor intensive, but are the type they need to cover the N59 mask.

The hair ties keep the mask snug to the face without a gap.

Mr Wazoo modeling the man size version, also made with batik.

All ready to mail.

You can see the white lining here.


We had quite a treat to top off a long day. I made brownies yesterday and made brownie sundaes. Yum.
I'm back to the studio today for more mask production. I think some bluegrass music will be perfect for my background noise!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.