Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Really big quilts...and other fun stuff

I hope they never make a bigger bed than king, or California king. What person besides Shaquille O'Neal needs a bed that big?! On the other hand...big quilts keep me in business. Nobody without a longarm machine wants to quilt something that big! HA! Enjoy what the last few days have been at Wazoo! 
                                         

                                         
Giant quilt number one has my favorite plan...scrappy goodness!

Panto: Texas Fan



64  different scraps per block!

This quilt, same maker, is a heaven full of scrappy stars. And it is giant!

The colors all go well together and I chose a cheddar color for the thread.

I forget the name of the panto...I thought it looked like the flowers in the border, which is the fabric on the left in this picture!

I saved the biggest for last. This quilt was inspired by a quilt I made! My friend, Diane, asked for the pattern and made her much larger version. 

My favorite manly panto is Rounded Squares. It looks great on this, too.

Photobombed by the best, I took a picture from this side, too. This quilt is too big to take a head on photo, 100" x 119". Wow!


Miss Molly had a wonderful time hanging out in the studio, relaxing in her new bed. The other one was lumpy and old. She is in dog nirvana

My sister and I always have a chat on Sunday. She is so thoughtful to call me and listen to me ramble on about my quilting. I love her quilts. They are usually soothing colors and traditional patterns. I have always wanted to step out of my box and make a quilt like hers. We talked about it and she convinced me to give it a try. I pulled out the shabby chic fabrics I have been collecting for years, and set to work. It took two days of cutting, but the quilt is cut out and ready to be sewn! I expanded on a pattern I bought years ago called Elizabeth, which also happens to be my sister's middle name! Here is my version  on EQ.


I wanted mine to fit the queen bed in my guest room, so I added a couple more rounds of blocks.

 The first bits were cut out on Sunday and are ready to sew,

I laid out my fabric selections in preparation of making selections for the different blocks.

I can't believe this is what the entire quilt  consists of! I cut the block parts out between rows of quilting on a customer quilt yesterday. It will take quite a while to sew. I plan to make a few blocks a day until they are all completed. Stay tuned to see how it goes.
Meanwhile, Here is what's happening outside. Flora and fauna in abundance!










Hiding in the trees just feet away. Molly never saw her or her five friends!


Can you see the deer? She really knows how to blend in with the surroundings!



1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous yard... and quilts! The deer don't consume all that goodness? Glad you can handle king size quilts.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.