Friday, October 27, 2017

Fun and games at Wazoo

Well, maybe not games, but lots of fun! I have been working on this tee shirt quilt for a couple of days, and it has been so much fun!! The logos are small, so I decided to use one of those shadow illusion looks to make the blocks. I found a tutorial for a small pattern on Debora Exum's blog, Studio Dragonfly, and adjusted it to fit a larger block. The tee shirts are very pretty colors, and make a nice quilt. I should be able to finish the top and get it quilted tomorrow.

First, I sorted the tee shirts into color piles

After ironing on the stabilizer, I cut the shirts to 8 1/2 inch squares

I kept the interesting little bits for later...

I'm going to pick these labels off and use them on my own quilts. I love them!

After adding the gray 'shadow' fabric, I started the background parts. I love how it is turning out!!

The little blocks have the cutest sayings.

This is my favorite because I am a half full kind of gal.
Mr Wazoo had some yard clean-up and maintenance to do, but still managed to get a quilt done. This Christmas table topper is really pretty and a reminder that I had better think of shopping soon!

This table topper has a unique and interesting shape.

Panto: Holly berry, of course!

I also did the quilting on a modern Seminole quilt today. I chose a chevron pattern to coordinate with the Seminole piecing. The customer hand dyed the border fabric and chose her other fabrics to go with it. I think it is an innovative use of modern fabrics for a traditional technique.
Unfortunately, Mr Wazoo took in this quilt while I was at guild. He didn't write down the instructions very well and I went ahead and quilted and trimmed it. When the customer came to pick it up, she asked why I hadn't added the five inch borders all around. I had no clue she wanted me to do this, so I just looked stupid, and apologized profusely for the error. Mr W said he didn't remember the instructions. I gave her the quilt without charge. How embarrassing!! I couldn't think of how to remedy the situation besides giving her the quilting free. She was disappointed, but gracious, and said she would still use us for quilting. I don't have to be mad at Mr W, he is doing a swell job beating up on himself without my help. Oh well, sh*t happens, and we move on.

Pastel Seminole

Chevron quilting

Cornflower blue linen backing.
I should have a good day tomorrow...sewing and quilting the tee shirt quilt. I may bake some cookies. After all, its so easy a two year old can do it!

I couldn't resist...isn't he cute?!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.