Friday, December 1, 2017

High production day!

Mr Wazoo took a day off to finish decorating the tree. I love doing this with him, but just couldn't do it with a clear conscience when quilts are waiting to be finished. So he stayed upstairs, and I stayed in the studio until 6 PM, as usual. No lunch again today. I'm still not feeling well and it didn't appeal to me.
First item on the agenda...the tuck. After a couple of hours with the picker, I was ready to re-quilt. Another hour later, the quilting was finished! I made the binding and had it sewn on by 2:30.

Ta-Da! Finished! And going home to Marietta next week.

Binding done, too.

Not so pretty, but here's the back.
If you're interested, here are some closer views of the blocks. Scroll past them, if you're as tired of seeing this quilt as I am!













I finished the afternoon by quilting a colorful quilt from a Florida customer. I love this quilt! Kaffe Fassett fabrics with Grunge sashing.  The back is a hum dinger of a fabric that I wish I had in great quantity.



While the machine quilted the rows, I put the bindings on the three quilts that I quilted a couple of days ago for our outreach group .

Ready to go!

Tomorrow, I start the tee shirt quilt marathon. I have three of them waiting to be made for Christmas gifts. Wish me luck!
Now, enjoy the Christmas follies at Wazoo by admiring the tree.

Every year, I get some new ornaments. Here is the line up...

A cupcake with sprinkles

A fuzzy black bear


This cute bunny

And this wool felt elf.

The next big event? Cookies. I'm tired already! Off to bed.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.