Wednesday, June 20, 2018

More hopping

Off to shop hop the sequel! First stop, Attic Quilts in my hometown of Beloit, Wisconsin! The street is still brick, but the ice cream parlor is gone. Oh well, we're not here for ice cream...we're here for fabric.

The rain stopped for the hopping.

Not a huge shop, but very nice.

Compact and chock full of stuff!
As we were driving to the next shop, I couldn't help asking my sister to pull over so I could take a photo of this sign. Typical Wisconsin humor, I find it quirky and fun!


Hmmm...just how much does a pony weigh?

Our next stop was Woodland Quilts in Whitewater, where my brother and his family live. I remembered the shop owner from the last visit, and had a good time selecting a few fabrics for the stash. My niece goes there for her fabric needs. too.

I found some new blenders from the color wall

They had nice sample quilts to admire

Tucked into the main street row of shops.

To get to the next shop, we ambled through beautiful countryside admiring the fields and farms. When I saw the shop, The Quilt Patch, I immediately remembered the woman who owns it, and how much fun we had there last time. The shop is surrounded by beautiful flower beds, in an idyllic country setting. The fabrics there are perfect for the setting; floral collections, shabby chic offerings and soft pastels. I added some new petit floral prints, and a couple of shabby chic fat quarters.

I bet this is really pretty when it hasn't been recently flattened by heavy rain!

Another great farmland view

Walking to the shop entrance.

Inside the shop there were other hoppers having a good time with us.
We saved the favorite of mine for last, driving over an hour to get to Sun Prairie and J&J Stitches. If you are looking for Civil War, 30s, French General, Japanese Diwabo, Homespuns, wool or quilter's flannel, this is the shop for you. I drooled over the selection and came away with an assortment of shirtings and border fabric for the antique quilt I am making at home. I also bought a jelly roll of flannel and a pattern for a quilt. 
After this shop, we had to hurry home to meet my daughter and have a gyro dinner. Tomorrow, I'll see the whole family gang in Edgerton for supper. Life is good!


I bought the fabric and pattern to make this quilt.

Shop interior

More of the shop and the hoppers.

Wonderful quilts everywhere!!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.