Monday, December 10, 2018

Rainy weather work days

Rain, rain, and more rain. There was even some snow this morning, but it melted by noon. The raw, cold weather was perfect for some quilting, so that's what we did. Big and small, the quilts are slowly going out the door, reducing the queue and the stress.

This style quilt is called The Thin Blue Line. Its made for police officers. I had never heard of it, so I looked it up on Google images. There are hundreds of them pictured there!
The quilter's son is a policeman and will get this for Christmas!

The blocks are all varieties of gray fabrics, with a line of blue.
Panto: Woven Wind

The backing is also gray.

This snowman quilt was made by the daughter of the previous customer.

I quilted swirls and holly. She didn't want quilting on the snowman.

The stars got this treatment.

The backing is a black and white print.

Another quilter made this tee shirt quilt for her firefighter son.

The panto, Hotrod, looks like flames!

transportation themed backing.

I quilted this tee shirt quilt I made last month for a Texas customer.
Tomorrow, I'll get the binding on.

The quilt has an all over meander quilting pattern.

The blue backing has two columns of tee shirts!

The same Texas customer made this quilt.
I love bow-tie quilts!

Panto: Yodel, is perfect for the geometric look of the quilt.

The backing is a bright red surprise print of poppies.
I got a call from a lady last Friday who was looking for someone to finish a quilt for her great- granddaughter. She had been working on the quilt for a year, and just couldn't finish the quilting and binding. She wanted to have the quilt finished for a Christmas gift. Mr Wazoo drove to town and picked the quilt up, and I set to work on Sunday. I finished it up with binding and a label, then drove it back to the customer. She is a delightful 91 year old who had an accident a year ago, breaking her hip and ankle. After surgeries and rehab, she is becoming more mobile, but still has some weakness. I thoroughly enjoyed visiting with her and hope she continues to recover and make more quilts! Her embroidery is lovely, and I'm sure her little great-granddaughter will love the quilt.

Sun Bonnet Sue blocks, hand embroidered.

The customer had hand quilted around all the blocks, so I just did the sashing and borders.

I outlined the Sues and attached the label.

Grammy Doris with her quilt!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.