Tuesday, March 5, 2019

I'm tired

I haven't blogged much lately because there isn't really anything blog-worthy. The retreat is just a week away so I have been getting my class packets made and my thoughts collected for the handout. This is pretty dry work, but necessary for the success of the teaching endeavor. I also had the quilt rack set up in order to photograph the raffle quilt and my entries for the East Cobb show. Mr Wazoo had to come help with this project because one leg just wouldn't telescope up. After much finagling, he had it going and we took the pictures.

If the quilt was any bigger, it would have hit the ceiling!! Turns out, this is not an 8 foot ceiling.
The photos were later cropped to eliminate the mess in the background. 

We couldn't go outside for the pictures...it's raining again.

This one looks pretty good. I needed a picture to send to the show, and to the NACQJ
for their website. 
I made my challenge quilt block for the retreat, but can't show it here. It needs to be secret until after the retreat because people will vote for the one they like best. Kay's is super nice, so I am pretty sure she'll win, but I like mine, too. Making the quilt sandwich es for the students is really tedious and boring, but they will do better with something already prepared for them. I also plan to make a bunch of practice sandwiches for them to use in class. The written handout comes next, with a list of places to look at machine quilting on the computer. I'll have quilts to look at for inspiration, too.
Right from the retreat, I leave for Louisville, KY to attend a longarm quilting class with Linda Hrcka. It is a three day class, and I am really looking forward to it. I haven't begun to plan for that yet.
No quilting in progress...I can hear the quilts in the queue calling to me. Another iron in the fire, so to speak.
Like I said, I'm tired!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.