Friday, March 22, 2019

Starch experiment and more quilting

Remember when I starched the wonky, baggy block on the horse quilt yesterday? Well, it worked!! I was astonished to see how much the excess fabric shrunk up. With a bit of manipulation, I was able to quilt the block without any tucks or pleats. Yippee!! It goes home tomorrow. Don't worry, I will post pictures. I was so busy today I didn't take them yet.
The quilt show in Pigeon Forge was pretty good. Not as nice as last year. There seemed to be fewer quilts. The vendors were wonderful, making up for the smaller number of quilts to see. Here are a few of my favorites.
I really like this quilt. Colorful and fun.

And the quilting is great, too!


I bought this pattern and want to make the quilt. This and a hundred others...

The quilt that won for beat hand quilting deserved the award!

Absolutely stunning.

Teeny, tiny stitches, all perfectly the same size.

I liked this one because of the simple but elegant pattern.

The flowers are a bit more complex than they first seem.

Oooooh! I need to make this...

So cute!

The border is whimsical and fun.

Oh, yes! This one is beautiful.

Simple nine patches in soothing colors.

Quirky owls, and a mouse!

I fear the mouse has met his match.

Zzzzzzzzz...

I can use this leaf idea on a quilt someday.

My favorite quilt at the show. All indigos, with perfect placement of the striped fabric.

There's the stripe! The quilting was subtle but lovely. I especially like how the quilter mimicked the stripe with the quilting motif.

From far away, this is a fun and exciting quilt.

Paper pieced with less than beautiful scraps. See what can be done with all those scraps?!

I just liked the simplicity of the design here. You get the whole story in just two blocks.
Mr Wazoo stayed home and finished his quilts for the Florida customer.

Castles for a grandson


The customer requested a shamrock pattern for the quilting. Minkie backing.

This calm quilt is for the quilt maker.


Beautiful backing.

I worked all day on the Glacier Star quilt. I had just finished the third color of the day and started on the black bits when I decided I didn't like the way the thread I had picked looked on the dark fabric. One 12 inch feather took over an hour to pick out. By the time I finished that and gave it a spritz of water to close any needle holes, it was past time to quit for the day. I should be able to get the quilting almost done tomorrow. Oh well, it is what it is.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.