Monday, March 9, 2020

Finishing up a few things

I took a couple of days to rest and get my routine adjusted a bit. There retreat really drained my energy, and then, we added the 'spring ahead' of daylight savings to fool my body even more. I don't know about you, but I'm tired!
Mr Wazoo and I took a trip to Chattanooga to rescue Big Bernina, and she is home and happily sewing without the boing-boing noise. They also upgraded the software, and I think she's got a bit of giddy-up as well! I'm happy about that. So happy I was able to finish the top for the Nancy Mahoney class quilt. It is on the Millie and needs one row to be done.

I'll show you the finished quilt when I have the quilting done and the binding sewn on.
I made another 2-3-2-6 quilt at the retreat and also finished the quilting and added the binding yesterday. Last night, Idid the hand sewing, and its ready for donation.

I got the fabrics at the retreat because I didn't take anything to sew but the strip quilt.
That one is going to take a while to do. It is slow going, but relaxing to do.

I used one of the free patterns I got when I upgraded my Quilt Path for the quilting.
I don't remember the name, but it has an oriental flavor with its double clam shell design.
This backing fabric is from my stash. I think it is beautiful, and completes the quilt nicely. The binding I used is gold color. Perfect for both sides of the quilt.

Well, I need to get myself ready for a doctor appointment for a check up. When I get home, it will be nose to the grindstone and back to the work of the day. Stay well, friends, and quilt on.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.