Friday, January 22, 2021

Back to work!

I'm happy to be finished with the rush repair and with three days to spare!! Yesterday, I replaced the binding with a wide double thickness facing, turned to the front, like the original, and stitched by machine. There were only five holes in the backing, and I finished those at 6:00, then put the quilt in the wash. 


Remember where I started?

The quilt was very worn and had several holes through to the backing

The muslin patches were the most worn.

Here it is, mended, washed and ready to surprise it's owner on his birthday!

The badly torn and shredded corner looks like new.

A quick look at the back. Boring, but whole.

I quilted another of the many tablecloths for my repeat customer. When I phoned her that it was finished, she said the next one is ready for quilting. She has made a bunch of these for her family.

The customer requested no trim, so the excess batting is showing here

Once again, the panto is Bush Berries in bright green thread.

This one has a stacked plates patterned fabric for the backing.

The next quilt was a joy to quilt. Perfectly flat and square, finished with stay stitching all around, and with a generous backing. Plus, it is so pretty!! I have made this Cluck Cluck Sew pattern, too, and every one has been nice. It is a good use of your 2 1/2 inch strips!

The quilt has a combination of bright batiks and colorful solids.

Panto: Stacked Snailz in off white thread

The backing is a great compliment to the bright top.

I'm getting tired of looking at these blocks on the design wall. I am still contemplating how to do the final arrangement. I think I will just add the setting triangles and sew it together. Not a favorite, but someone will like it.

It was refreshing to see and listen to Dr Fauci yesterday. 
He said he felt liberated to be able to report the scientific facts without fear of reprisal. 
My hero.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.