Thursday, December 30, 2021

The after Christmas lull

There isn't much action here at Wazoo between Christmas and New Year. I am making masks for my friends and family again because of the rise in Covid cases across the country. Unfortunately, I live in northern Georgia, where people are resistant to vaccines and especially mask wearing. I'll never understand how so many people could risk their lives and the lives of everyone else by demanding 'freedom'. I have little sympathy for folks who defy the precautions and end up with Covid. They definitely have the freedom to choose to be ill or die.

Okay, I'm done ranting. It's just that our lives are turned upside down again for a preventable spike in cases. Anyhoo, I gave masks to my Christmas guests, and have made 20 more that will be sent off to family and friends soon. We also ordered some N-95 masks for our trip to Texas.

Here is a sample of the masks. The small ones are for kids. There are another 15 in the works down in the studio.

My daughter has been on a short vacation to Maine with her boyfriend. Every day she sends beautiful videos and pictures of there places they are visiting while there. His parents live in Maine, and that is the home base while they are there.
I like this selfie with a Maine lighthouse in the background.

A sliver of the setting sun shone on the top of the lighthouse making this pretty shot.
It looks cold, doesn't it?!

Meanwhile, back in Georgia, we have been having warm days and rainy nights. So weird! I finished quilting and binding another Christmas quilt I had on the hanger, and will put it away with the others until next year.

I like this collection. It has a retro feel to it.


This panto is included in my Handi Quilter software. I'm still learning how to size the patterns appropriately. This came out too big. Darn!


Backing fabric from the sale room . The binding is the same fabric.
I finished it last night while watching the Two Set Violin virtual concert.

Back to the studio for me. There are masks to finish before I start the Quilt Show block of the month this weekend. I'm excited about it and hope I can keep up. Here is a picture of the quilt. Cool, huh?!

Lots of appliqué and some tricky piecing. It will challenge my skills, for sure!











1 comment:

  1. Hi there. I have been looking back through your posts and found this one with a very simple but interesting quilt - Dec 30th, 2021.
    I really like the crossed blocks being slightly off centre. I think you said in a previous post that you used a layer cake. Love the way it turned out.
    I would like to know if there is a name for the block or did you have a pattern? Could you please let me know the name.
    I think if I have followed your posts correctly, you are away on a trip at the moment. Hope it is not too cold for you.
    I am in Australia and of course it is Summer. We are about to have a run of days in the 30s ( your 90s.). I am watching the tennis at the Australian Open and thankful I have aircon.
    Thanks for your help, Cheers, Karen

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.