Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Quilt show season is on!!

I worked hard on Sunday and Monday so I could play hooky yesterday and go to the Pigeon Forge show. First, I quilted this big beauty for my friend, Gail, who makes the nicest quilts. She has a wonderful stash and talent to match.

The thousands of pieces are all Tilda fabrics. Yummy!

It's big one!

The panto is called Beautiful, hard to see on the busy patterns

It shows a bit better on the back.

I finished the turkey tracks repair and binding, as well as re-tying a huge double knit polyester quilt. Boy was my thumb sore from pulling the floss through the layers of polyester! I used my needle puller but it broke after twenty or so knots. I didn't take a picture. I guess I'll take pictures of all three repairs when I finish them. The last one is a double wedding ring.
Next, I made and applied the binding to the cat and dog quilt. All done and looking cute as a button!

Ta-Da!

I used a brightly colored stripe and dot fabric.

Don't forget your label.

I spent today straightening up the studio and starting a customer tee shirt quilt. I found a photo on Pinterest I liked, and I will do mine the same way. It'll make a 60x72" quilt using only 15 shirts. Usually, I have way more shirts to work with. I haven't decided on the colors for the chevrons yet, but I hope to get them made and the top finished tomorrow.

This is the quilt I found on line.

I have the shirts all prepped and ready to sew tomorrow.
Stay tuned for the exciting conclusion of this story...

I made a little slideshow of my favorite quilts from the show. I couldn't get my usual slideshow maker to work, so this is what I came up with. No music and a bit brisk on the changes. Click the pause symbol  to make it stop and hold so you can look at it. You can click and drag the control bar to the side to get it off the slide, too. The close-ups are for nice quilting and the funny bear faces! Enjoy, and I'll be back soon.












No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.