Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Working a little more each day

 Despite politics, I'm feeling pretty good these last few days. I  have been sewing and quilting up to 7 or 8 hours without the excruciating pain of the past. I think all the treatments and shots are finally working! One more trip to Gainesville, and I'll be on my own again. Enough of that...I am optimistic!

The last couple of days it has been quilting and binding...lots of binding. 

I quilted and bound this customer-made tee shirt quilt/blanket. I call it a blanket because it has no batting! Why? Because the back is a thick fleece, soft and drapey without the added weight.

Panto: Jetty

Tip: Cut your fleece with scissors, not your rotary cutter, to keep from having the fluff stuck in your cutting board and  flying all over your sewing room. Since buying a sturdy pair of electric scissors, I have come to love fleece and Minky even more! I bound this one without problem.

I made this top at the retreat and quilted it on Sunday. The binding is also done (not seen here) and it is ready to give to charity.

I got this backing from a sale room somewhere and it is fun and pretty on this quilt. The panto is Flower feather.

I quilted a couple of Heart to Heart quilts for our nursing home outreach group, and this is one of those.

Panto: Basketweave

I bound this one, too.

Another H2H quilt, more modern this time!

Panto: Rounded diamond plaid

I replaced the dark floral binding that came with the quilt with this black and white stripe from my stash. The same fabric features prominently, so I chose to change it. 

My friend Gail has been busy making fabulous quilt tops, and this one is no exception.
It really has an Amish flavor, don't you think?

Panto: Baptist fan

Perfect Kaffe Fasset fabric for the backing

I made the top at the retreat. Some ladies thought the fabric was camouflage! No, camo fabric doesn't have shiny gold accents and little white berries in it, I'm pretty sure.

Because the print is so busy, I did a simple meander for the quilting. (In gold thread! Take that, camo people) The binding is the leftover fabric from the piecing.

That's it for now. I'm happy to go to the studio knowing it will be a good day doing what I love. Are you sewing and quilting? Like Nike says, "Just do it!"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.