Friday, September 1, 2023

Machine struggles...again

 Of course I can't have more than two days together without having machine trouble.Fortunately, my dealer is coming tomorrow to see what she can do to fix it. Meanwhile, I have done a few quilts and a lot of hand sewing and quilting. We had some whopper thunder storms this week and a huge tree branch fell in the woods just out of our property. The herd of deer have been coming daily and feasting on the tender leaves conveniently served at mouth level! The branch is almost stripped of greenery, but we had a good time watching families of deer having a picnic out back.

Tim had his 79th birthday and we celebrated by eating out. Four days later, we celebrated again for our 41st anniversary. Penny got a haircut. Tim got a truckload of mulch. I quilted. That's the synopsis of life here at Wazoo.

This is one of two baby quilts for grand babies soon to be born. One will be a boy and the other a girl, so grandma got busy and made them quilts. Now they just have arrive!

I used my Animal Crackers panto on both quilts, in a larger size because grandma wants them to be soft.

So cute!

Here are both of the quilts

The girl quilt

Same panto

Bright pink backing.

I ordered some pretty pastel, satin finished beads to sew on my pinwheel quilt as flower centers, and this is what came. No, no, no... They're going back. I went to the nearest bead shop and found some nice beads to use instead. Sometimes, online shopping isn't the best way to get what you want.

This customer loves Tula Pink fabric. She likes more modern patterns that really show off the Tula motifs.


Leafy vines panto

Quilting shows well on the back.

Same customer, more Tula fabric in another contemporary style.

Zig-zag quilting

This is a pieced backing, big chunks of the turquoise and white fabrics from the quilt top.

Well, I had better jump in bed and go to sleep quickly! My dealer will be here between 9 and 9:30 and I need to up, caffeinated and ready to go.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.