Thursday, April 11, 2024

Hand sewing, quilting and recovering

 Hey, all! This week has been a take-in week. About half and half quilting and repairs. Of course, we had the eclipse to view as well. It wasn't total coverage here, but I enjoyed zipping outside periodically and watching it develop to 80%. I'm glad I hung onto my special eclipse glasses! We had lovely weather for eclipse watching, so it made for a great day.

The first project that needed to be done was a beautiful custom show quilt. The quilt was perfectly done and a joy to quilt.

Stitch in the ditch took two days, but always makes a quilt look better. Big Gammill was in top form after a rather long hiatus.

I started with the appliquéd elements, then moved on to the background fill.


Six days later, it was done!!



Here's a peek at the back, quilted with light gray thread.



Here is a better look at the back.

A nice break from custom quilting was this whimsical herd of elephants!

Just lacking their eyes and tails, and not sure which way to go!

Panto: African wave

The light gray thread shows well on the dark backing.

This geometric, and monochromatic with a burst of color, quilt finished up a busy week.

The offset of the dark and light blocks creates an optical illusion of size difference. I assure you, all the blocks are the same size!

I can never remember the name of this panto...I call it 'Potato Masher'.

Another cool look for the back.

No quilting yesterday or today. I went to my appointment in Gainesville and had the offending tooth removed. It had fractured and was harboring a nasty abscess below the gumline. Soup and rest last evening and hand sewing today. I'm feeling so much better!! It is a little sore today, but tolerable. I'll be back in the studio tomorrow. One tooth lighter.










2 comments:

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.