Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Another hurdle closer to Christmas

We had a whirlwind Thanksgiving here at Wazoo. A full day of driving to pick up our daughter in North Carolina and bring her here; then, Thanksgiving with all the bells and whistles (and turkey dinner) on Saturday; then, the round trip drive on Sunday to get her home. She is worth the trip.
Today, I started early and was busy quilting by 9 AM. The huge quilt is bound and going home tomorrow to be a Christmas gift for a deserving family member.
Next, I finished this baby quilt for another Christmas gift.

It took a long time to get the rick rack sewn down so I could quilt it. Note to quilters, don't add the embellishments until after the quilt is quilted.

Panto: Time Warp

Thick furry minkie on the back
Mr Wazoo did this festive Christmas tree quilt. It will be mailed off to its owner tomorrow.

The quilter designed the fabrics in this quilt, too.

Panto: Poinsettia

She also designed the backing, too!
The rest of my day was spent doing the least favorite part of quilting...stitching ditches. This quilt will also be a Christmas gift, so I need to step it up and get it quilted and sent to Florida!

Ditches stitched...ready for quilting!
I did the binding on this wall quilt while watching another Christmas movie on TV. 

Kind dark...but then, it is midnight!
Well, I have used the word Christmas five times in one post! Time for some serious seasonal decorating. Stay tuned!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.