Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Earthquake?!

I have been very under the weather the last few days, fighting a cold sore on my lower lip that has affected my trigeminal nerve and caused excruciating pain in the left side of my face, teeth and ear. Who would guess something so small could bring me down? I would! So, yesterday, I didn't accomplish anything. I rested and put medicine on the sore, hoping it would go away. No dice. I went to bed at 10:30 after taking a sturdy dose of pain medicine.
At 4:15 this morning, I was awakened by the bed trembling like a tumble dryer with a heavy load. What the heck?! It lasted about 20 seconds, then stopped. I laid awake wondering what it was, thinking about the improbability of an earthquake. Yup! Earthquake! Somewhere north of us (Tennessee?) there was a 4.4 magnitude earthquake! Wow. Now, I can say we have been through a hurricane and an earthquake. Ha! Mr Wazoo snored through it.
Speaking of the man...he quilted yesterday, and finished this starry quilt. It has glittery background that's hard to see in photos, but made it even more celestial looking.

The colors on the black sparkly background made for a striking quilt.

Panto: Quirky

Gray skies on the back

This morning I awoke early (going to bed at 10:30 will do that) and got to enjoy a beautiful sunrise. Maybe it will be a better day here at Wazoo. I have two quilts on the machines, and more in the wings. I need to get busy!

I wish you could have seen how saturated this was. The photo doesn't capture the intensity of the colors.

The sky quickly changed to fire and lavender

The entire horizon was beautiful

Sun's up!! Time to get to work!

2 comments:

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.