Monday, July 8, 2019

The angels are singing

Our day began like any other, with a walk through the yard and gardens to the studio. We had a wash of rain last night, so everything was green and happy looking. Even an overcast day is beautiful when there are flowers blooming!

Black eyed Susans (I never liked the name...) finally blooming in the rock garden

The side yard has these frothy white flowers. I don't know what they are, but they are pretty. The Butterfly bush must be seven feet tall!

Roses, ground covers and hydrangea fill in the rest.

This variety of hydrangea is looser than the globe ones.

A bit of bee balm.

The front garden is blooming, too.

These are the rocks Mr W uses for edging and drainage.
Many, many, many bags of them...

Coleus and potato vine. And Miss Photobomb.

Mr W did this one, too. Nice.
We worked indoors today due to on and off sprinkles and thunder. I finished the windmill quilt from yesterday, and it turned out beautifully.

The vintage blocks look modern on their crisp white background.

To mimic the shape of the wheels, I chose the panto: Flower Power

White on white print backing.
Mr Wazoo stuck to the man cave, and quilted a charming lap quilt.

French General fabrics are always lovely.

Mr W chose a rose pattern for the panto: Ribbon Roses

A peek at the back.
I also finished the king sized binding job and sent it home with the quilter. Then, I quilted this small wall quilt for a baby's nursery.

Mother and Grandmother worked together to create this for baby.

They requested a modern panto, so I chose Trinity, to mimic the organic feel of some of the fabrics.

I love the clamshell backing.
Late in the day, we received the call we were dreading. Mr Wazoo's mother passed away peacefully. Tomorrow, we will travel to South Carolina to take care of the business of gathering her belongings and thanking the staff for taking such wonderful care of her.
I have known my mother in law for several years more than I have known my husband. We worked in classrooms next to each other for years; me in 4 year kindergarten and she in first grade. I have been her friend for 42 years. Now, the angels are rejoicing because Pam has come home. We'll miss her forever, but we know she is in a better, more wonderful place.

Mr Wazoo and his mother.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.