Thursday, November 7, 2019

Class sample taking shape

 It may look as though I have been taking it easy of late, but I have not. There is a top secret quilt on the frame that I can't show you. My customer has plans for it, and doesn't want pictures put on line. Take my word for it, I am making progress on it (it is a custom job) and should have it finished and going home by next week.
Millie was resting this morning, but I put her into service in the afternoon with this customer quilt. I almost finished it, but time ran out and I was hungry! I'll finish it tomorrow.

Almost done. Look at how dark it is outside the window! Daylight savings makes it pitch black at 6:00pm! Oh well, it was raining, so Molly and I took the stairs today instead of walking up outside.
Remember the class I'm teaching at the guild retreat? Stairway to Cat Heaven is the name of it. I have been working on getting it put together so I can get it quilted and finished by the 19th. Here is my progress so far...

This is the picture from the original magazine.
I had the strip sets made, so sewing blocks went quickly.
I put together the blocks and added the background.
Then I then assembled the applique pattern and traced the parts off onto the fusable.
The fabrics on the right are for the cats and the moon. The applique was done by machine with the buttonhole stitch. Every time I advanced the custom quilt, I stopped quilting and sewed a bit on this project.
Just before leaving the studio, I added the black inner border and made two of the pieced borders, too. It looks pretty good, if I do say so myself! Finishing it will be delayed until afternoon tomorrow. I have an appointment to get my hair cut.
Sometimes I need a bit of 'me' time!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.