Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Day two of the mystery quilt progress

I passed the morning adding and sewing down bindings on customer quilts. After lunch, I worked on the mystery quilt from yesterday, adding two more blocks. It is really slow going, even though it looks easy. The applique pieces are tiny!!Just making them with my fat fingers is hard work.
Here are the results of today's labor.

My studio looks like a fabric bomb went off.

All for this little bit of progress. Do you see it yet?
I did the ditch stitching on another row of the applique quilt. One more to go!

I think this quilt ranks in the top three of the most beautiful quilts I have ever worked on.
I hope I can do it the justice it deserves. It will be a precious family heirloom for generations to come. It's a big responsibility and I am being very careful with the quilting.
Tomorrow is another work day! We will be taking the fourth off, but will be back in the studio on the fifth.
Happy Independence Day to everyone out there. We are all blessed to live in this country, even with the bumpy ride we're on now. E Pluribus Unum. Out of many...one.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.