Thursday, August 8, 2019

Moving along with triangles


 I sewed the backing and quilted a charity quilt for my evening guild today. That gave me the time to finish the applique on the triangles and sew the rows together. Some of my points are nipped and some don't match up perfectly, but I am tired of this project and want it to be finished!! Tomorrow, I will add the outer border and do the applique on it.

The quilt top was made by a member of the guild

I made the back and quilted it with the panto, Chantilly

The backing was way too small, so I added a long, wide piece down the center.

I put the blocks back on the design wall to get the setting right. I liked this enough to go ahead and sew them together.


The middle is sewn and the setting triangles are on. Tomorrow, I'll do the outer border!


I also finished sewing down the trees and bears. Ready for quilting!

On the way home from the memorial service, we stopped at a lawn ornament place and perused the statuary. Mr Gnome came home with us. Today, Mr Wazoo painted his hat red. I think he's awfully cute. Another gee-gaw for the back yard.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.