Monday, September 2, 2019

Hard work, satisfying finish

I worked long hours yesterday, but didn't finish anything. Today, I had a really productive streak, and another show finish!
The quilting on this quilt was begun yesterday.
At first, I didn't like this neutral quilt, but it grew on me after quilting it.
(See the blocks on the design wall behind the quilt? Remember them...)

The pattern is called Feather Flourish

The pieced backing really looks nice.




Meanwhile, I quilted and quilted and quilted some more, but couldn't finish the  Big Chicken...

I got as far as the border, and then my feet screamed for me to stop. So I did.

Here is where I started today.

It's finished!

I added the sleeve, label and binding at the end of the day. Tonight, I will do the hand sewing

It was hard to get a good picture of the quilting.

I did the border to mimic the piecing.

I love this fabric! It is the backing.
After finishing the neutral quilt, I loaded this one.
This pretty quilt belongs to a guild member who makes more quilts than most everyone.
I would love to make quilts all day...what a dream.
The pattern on this one is called Butterfly Swirl.
The quilting looks really nice on the back.

Here is what I doodled around with when the chicken was done! These were the blocks you saw earlier on the design wall. I added the blue sashing and red cornerstones, but it needs borders, and then I'll tell you the whole story.
Until then, here are some nice pictures of the homestead I took early this morning on the way to work. How are we so fortunate to live in this beautiful place?!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.