Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Pressing on



I finished the hand work on the big chicken and it is ready for the show. Today, I loaded the primitive applique quilt. I also loaded and quilted another blue beauty from the same customer as yesterday's quilt. Both quilts occupied my entire day, and I only managed to get the inner border on the little log cabin quilt I sewed together yesterday.
The story of the blocks is a fun one. My evening guild had a fabric exchange, where we brought fabric we don't want anymore and take home fabric the other members don't want anymore. Hmmmm...I didn't need any other fabric, but there was a small stack of blocks that looked really interesting. I found out a member made them years ago and no longer wanted to make more. They spoke to me, and I took them home. All in all, a good day, quilting and having fun!

The stitch in the ditch took all day, but it is finished and I am ready to start the fun quilting tomorrow.

I only had a few minutes while the Millie finished the last row of the blue quilt, to sew on the inner border of the little log cabin quilt. Its coming along nicely.

Here is the quilt from the same customer who had a blue and neutral quilt yesterday.

Of course, between quitting time and now (midnight) I have totally forgotten the name of this pattern...sorry. It is quite lovely on the quilt though.

The light blue thread looks pretty, too.

My Grandson sent me a picture of his latest artwork.

He's infatuated with rainbows right now, so Grandma sent him a rainbow shirt.


He's so darn cute! I even scored a kiss!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.