Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Another studio day

Wow! It was sure a busy day in the studio yesterday! I had 16 phone calls, and seven customer visits during the eight hour stretch, so quilting was done in fits and starts. I'm busy quilting the big custom order, trying to move ahead with the back-up of custom jobs waiting. People are becoming aware Christmas is fast approaching, and bringing their projects in. We'll be quilting like mad again this year, trying to fulfill the demands. You could say this is our busy season!
Here are the quilts I managed to quilt on Millie while working the custom job.

Too bad you can't see sparkles on these pictures! This quilt for a pre-teen girl has fabrics that have glittery sparkle on them. She'll love it.

Panto: Flower Power

The girl loves pink and owls, so Grandma found this great backing on the internet and had to get it!

Here's a gift for a husband. Nice selection of patriotic fabrics.

Panto: Simply Stars

Masculine patriotic plaid on the back.
I quilted another quilt, but had to quickly get the binding on at 6:00 so I could do the handwork while watching Midsomer Murders. I'll post that one later.Hopefully, I'll get closer to finishing the custom quilt, too!
On Sunday I made the rest of the blocks for the red and black quilt, and now, I have to make the circles for the red blocks. Won't happen today...

This will be on the design wall for a while. It has 23 circles to go, as well as three borders. I made the half square triangles for the second border on the weekend, but there is more to sew before I get that far. Stay tuned!
I finally finished this repair over the weekend. I have been working on it for almost a year, on and off. At any given time, I have three repair projects in the works, and work a bit on each one in turn. This one needed a ton of work, and  to be re-quilted when I finished it. Here are the before and after photos.

Side one, in tatters. The edge completely gone

Ooh la la! The patches had shreds and holes throughout.

Side two was equally bad. 

I had my work cut out for me. You may remember  back during the repair when I discovered that the batting was actually a nine patch quilt sandwiched in the middle! It is there, waiting for the next reincarnation many years from now. A little secret treasure .

Side two, all done

Side one, done and quilted, binding finished, too.
On Sunday, my grandson and his Mom took a trip to the zoo for the Vilas Zoo Trick or Treat. It was the maiden voyage for the Totoro costume! I think it looks great!! My son sewed on the arms, ears and tail and it was ready for it's debut. My Daughter in law went as No Face, another character in the movie, My Friend Totoro.


At the zoo, some kids thought he was a bunny!

Here is a still photo, in case the video doesn't work for you.
At the end of the day, Tired and happy, I snapped this picture of the autumn leaves against the bright blue sky. All the leaves are colorful now, and many have fallen due to the heavy rain last week. Hopefully, the temperature will cool off soon!

Late day sunshine makes them glow. I love Fall!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.