Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Back to rainy days and more customer quilting

Yesterday, I spent some time trying to discover what is making the loud vibration clackety noise in my big Gammill. I just had it serviced and it should be running smoothly, but the clacking is driving me nuts. Mr Wazoo took off the side panel and we had a thorough look, but haven't been able to pinpoint the cause of the noise. Cover back on, I quilted on the large custom job, gritting my teeth at the constant rattle. I turned the music up a bit, and tried to enjoy the familiar songs, but had a headache by day's end. That's life...
I finished the quilting on the two girly Christmas gift quilts, and did the hand sewing on the second one last night. These will be going home today.

A varied collection of pastel batiks made this soothing palette. 

Panto: Daydream

I made the binding from the backing fabric.

The second quilt has a luscious collection of Laurel Burch fabrics.

Mr Wazoo quilted this one with the panto Popcorn

The backing is  this night sky fabric, and the binding is the same . I just finished sewing it down this morning while enjoying my morning coffee.
Not much else to show you...I have my Kaffe Fassett double four patch quilt on Millie, and still have the customer quilt on the Gammill. The weatherman says rain all day, and tomorrow, too. Hopefully, Mr W can find something to do because I have finished all the pantograph quilts he could have helped with. Sometimes I wish he had a 12 foot table, too, so he could help with the big quilts. He has a 10 foot table which limits his quilt size ability. I imagine he'll find something to keep him occupied.
Down to the studio I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.