Saturday, January 18, 2020

Rainy week, finished quilts!

I think I am getting back in the swing with my quilting. I did have to make another call to APQS with a crashing problem, but (fingers crossed) it should be fixed now. The last QOV is done and all of them are back where they came from. I received the notice there are more on the way!

I'm a big fan of Jewel Box, the pattern used here. I especially love the scrappy look achieved here.

Old favorite panto: Simply Stars

Stars on the back, too!
I watched three episodes of Anne with an E last night while doing the hand sewing on the kit quilt. I finished the quilting yesterday and sewed the binding, attaching it right before quitting for the day. I think it turned out really well.
Hot off the Bernina and ready for the handwork.

I made a special effort to remember the name of this panto...didn't work.I can't remember the name, but it's pretty.

The design looks nice on the simple muslin  backing.
One afternoon I made a charity quilt for the evening guild, and handed it in at our meeting on Thursday night. I was the program, too, and gave a demonstration on applying  binding. One of the members had a headlamp thing for show and tell, and she suggested I try it to see if it helped with sewing. Some joker snapped a photo and put it on Facebook. Oh well, I have looked more stupid in my life...

FYI: the headlamp doesn't help at all...it just makes you look like a nut!
Here I am doing my demo on binding.

The charity quilt is a 2-3-2-6, done with only one color for the frames

The owl fabric is cute without being cutesy. The white  fabric is sparkly like snow.

My favorite way to attach a label is to sew it into the binding.
Other happenings during the week were Mr Wazoo's first trip to his MD here in town, flowers for him from daughter number three and the inclement weather. Mr W is going to have more therapy for his weird walking. He's not thrilled, but I think he'll benefit from some advise from an expert. He rode the tractor yesterday and mowed the grass. Strange thing to say in January, but we have had such mild weather and so much rain, the grass was getting too thick and tall to easily locate the poop bombs Molly left for us!
Carolyn sent some manly looking flowers, and as they open, we love them even more! So pretty.
My Granddaughter visited her  mom from college for a few days and they took a girls trip to the Grand Canyon to see the sunrise over the rim. I think daughter number one misses her more than she lets on. Here they are, in a selfie at the canyon.
Our view has been fog and rain, but it is so beautiful in its starkness. The photos of the mountains and the yard almost look as though they were taken in black and white! I noticed movement when taking these, and saw the deer munching on Mr W's shrub. Uh oh...run away, little mama!
Today I'm finally off with the girls to the fabric shop over the mountain. It should be a fun day. Mr W is staying home alone for the first time since the stroke, and he has his new  phone for any emergencies. I think he'll be fine.

Amy and Hana 

Clouds hanging low in the mountains and forest

There is that pesky deer!

The clouds hanging low in our neighborhood

I did this customer quilt earlier this week.

Panto: Alchemy. I thought it looked like the Crossed Canoe pattern in the piecing.

The back.
Here are Mr W's flowers right out of the box.

Here they are two days later!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.