Monday, January 27, 2020

What is it with the gargantuan quilts!!?

Just a short post today, as I need to get Mr Wazoo to his PT/OT appointment for some  fine tuning of his recovery. I did another giant quilt yesterday that had some wobbly bits on one side. The maker had some problem getting her flying geese to fit, and the blocks were a little puffy where she stretched them to fit. This led to minor ripples in the quilting, but I was able to avoid tucks by manipulating the quilt as it was being quilted. Standing in front and pressing down with my hands around the puffy areas kept tucks away, but there are some noticeable wrinkly areas, for sure.

Here is the quilt, fashioned around a panel of horses.

The panto is Rounded Diamonds

Here is the back.

The stitch in the ditch is finished on this beautiful (and perfectly sewn!) feathered star. After we get back from the PT, and a trip to the movies to see Little Women, I will be starting the quilting. Tomorrow is guild, so there won't be much quilting going on. I hope to finish it by the end of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.