Thursday, February 20, 2020

Deja Vu all over again



I was supposed to go to the evening guild today, but we had this...
Two customers came early to pick up their quilts, and by the time the second one left, it was snowing giant flakes.

When I started the day it was lightly raining. Then, it turned to a sort of 'slushing' mixture, followed by snow. It snowed the rest of the day and made a white dusting over everything before turning to ice when the temp dropped with the sun.
What does one do when activities are cancelled and there's nowhere to go? Why, quilt, of course!

This customer quilt had  beveled corners along with the pretty interconnected block pattern.

The customer wanted the quilting to look like water, with Eddys and ripples. The Panto: Vortex, was a perfect choice. She also requested light aqua thread.

Here is a look at the back.

I finished the shiny background for my friend's swimmer quilt. She was thrilled to see it and went straight home to work on the next step in her creation.

Whirly, swirly bubbly and (sometimes) fishy!

Another close-up

This is the back. It will be exciting to see how it all comes together.

Between the customer projects, I quickly sewed the borders onto my  orphan block quilt.
3:45 and still coming down...and beginning to stick.


Next on the Millie was this sweet quilt by my hostess in Texas.

I can't remember the name of this Panto, but the flowers and feathers finished the quilt's feminine look.

Nice floral back, too.

I ended the day half done with the stitch-in-the-ditch on the next custom quilting job. This quilt is beautiful and well made.
I loaded this Parisian quilt and did a couple of rows of a fleur-de-lis pattern before quitting for the day. My back was really hurting, and I needed a break.
I told you I would show what goodies I bought at the vendors in Texas. Here it all is!
Fusable web, spritz bottle, some yards of Japanese fabric, two fat quarter bundles of taupes and homespuns, an Aurafil thread chart, two packets of hand dyed wool, wide backing, a monkey panel, a bunch of new permanent pens, three sale priced jelly rolls, a fat quarter bundle and a charm pack of Minick and Simpson's new line, and two fat quarter packs of Marcia Derse fabrics.
Hopefully, tomorrow not will warm up enough to melt the ice on the porch and driveway. The weatherman says it will still be bitterly cold, so I don't think things will be better. Schools are also closed, so I will be in the studio, doing my thing while kids everywhere are driving their folks crazy! I'm glad my commute is a stairway...





No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.