Saturday, February 8, 2020

Lots of quilting...big snowfall!

It is snowing like crazy this morning, and Mr Wazoo and I are hunkered down for the duration. It has been a good week, and I have been in high gear getting quilts done and out the door.

Quilts of Valor came from Florida and locally, so I hurried and quilted them so they can be awarded. This one is from Florida.

Panto: Banner Stars


Another Florida QOV.

Panto: Log cabin star






My Grandson wished me Happy Birthday via Face time.
My daughter sent me these beautiful flowers for my birthday!
They make the cold, snowy weather outside a bit more bearable.

This soft flannel baby quilt was a hurry up project for another local customer.

Panto: Popcorn.

They are welcoming their first grandchild, and are going to Florida next week for the gender reveal.
I also made and applied the binding.

On Wednesday, I took a bit of time to get out some more orphan blocks and goof around with a layout. These were rejects from a Blooming 9-patch I was commissioned to do a few years ago.

The black patterned fabric has chickadees on it. I think I'lcall it the chickadee quilt.
The rows are now sewn, but not joined yet.
This quilt is from a local customer. Her quilts are always well made and a joy to quilt.
Panto: Bubbly

This happy outer space quilt is from the same customer with the perfect aqua quilt.

Mr W quilted it with the Panto: Blast Off.

The fabrics are colorful and cute.

I had two local QOVs as well, and set in to get them quilted quickly.

Panto: Banner Star


I really like the HST border that looks sort of like a barber pole!
Panels make a stunning, but simple design for these quilts.

Panto: Simply Stars

Wild camoflage backing.

Yesterday, I used another pile of 2-3-2 orphan blocks to sew this lap quilt.  I'll get it quilted and binding on today while I admire the snowy landscape.


Earlier this morning, this is what it looked like.
There is much more piled up now.

Mr pileated woodpecker was busy looking for bugs.  The snow makes it really quiet outside, so his knock-knock-knock sounds really loud.

Yup, it's snowing in the back yard, too!
I hope you all are where it isn't snowing and are having a wonderful day. I'll be back later with the latest on 'Snowmageddon'. ha ha

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful quilting jobs! We have snow also in Buffalo, NY, but we are more used to it. This year, there has been a deficit in snowfall as we have had more rain.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.