Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Good day with big finishes!!

I am so happy! Today I finished two big projects and it feels good. The repair job is done, and so is the custom quilt. The repair went smoothly because I was binging on The Office. In fact, I am on the final season. Hmmm...Parks and Recreation sounds good.
On with the show!
The quilt, all repaired, but filthy.

Loads of these bits are new.

I washed it, and here is how it should look!

Of course, after washing and drying, I had to repair six more bits that  disintegrated during the process. I hope it goes home tomorrow!
Flip the coin, and here is the custom quilt.

This customer had the quilt languishing for years before she decided to finish it. I am so glad she did! It is lovely.

I kept the quilting very simple. There are feathers, background stylized pebbling and piano keys. That's it. Nothing that takes away from the star; the appliqued flowers, vines and bugs. Oh yes...one frog and one snail, too! (See the snail crawling across the bottom of the picture?)

The frog is in the lower left with the white flowers.

Simple border treatment.

The whole quilting experience was unplanned, free motion.

There are also lots of tiny red berries peppered over the quilt.




Perfectly chosen backing, too.
I took a couple of hours to sew the columns of the quilt for my son together. Tomorrow, I will get the top done and figure out the backing. He asked for colorful, so colorful it is!

Ready  to sew the columns joined tomorrow.

While I was sewing the quilt, I also quilted this customer bulldog quilt.

Panto: Diamond Plaid

Complimentary fabric for the backing.
After work, I took my walk around the yard and shot a couple of pictures of what's blooming today. It was a beautiful, sunny, productive day!

The Stokes Aster are blooming in the back rock garden

These are  tickseed coreopsis. I like the color combination, don't you?
Our old birdbath looks nice nestled in the butterfly bush.



This planter came from Wisconsin, and I filled it with a trailing clover plant. Get your hair out of your eyes, girl!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.