Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Shingles shot slowdown

I had my second shingles shot on Monday and on Tuesday I had the same reaction as with the first one. My arm has a swollen, hot lump and bruise at the injection site, and pain in the upper arm and on up into my neck. Last time it took a week to get better, so I am not going to freak out over it. I also felt crummy and fatigued. Work was a slog, and I quit early at 5PM. At least I won't get shingles!
The big batik quilt from Sunday is finished, as well as a bright unicorn quilt. Young girls love unicorns and rainbows, and this customer's granddaughter is no exception!

This quilt turned out especially nice.

The panto is hard to see, but looks like an old time hand potato masher. It is called AC Geometric, but I will call it Potato Masher!

Perfect backing for the quilt's colors.

 
Here is a straight on photo.

I sewed another block for the Twirla quilt. I'm thinking it is just  "meh..." so far.  A bit too blah for me.

Here are the eye popping unicorns. Wow! That's colorful.

Panto: Butterflies

The customer's tween girl will love this.
It is pouring rain again today, so I think I will be happy in the studio. The custom quilt is slowly coming along, although it is boring to do. I am outlining every element and doing background fill. That's it. Slow and steady wins the race!

1 comment:

  1. I know your pain. I had the second shingles shot on Dec. 19 and was sick all Christmas. The first one was bad, the second worse- like a flu, pounded over the head. No one else I knew had much of a reaction, but when I looked it up, plenty do. I love the first quilt because white does not take over, the colors shine through.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.