Monday, June 8, 2020

A pleasant Sunday sew day


I stayed home yesterday and sewed while listening to my classical music playlist. My sewing was slower and more methodical, making the stack and slash blocks. They require three cutting and trimming steps during the construction so it takes longer to make one pair of blocks. Here is what I have so far.

The blocks are big, 14" square, and I only need 20 for the quilt.
With Millie back in business, I was able to quilt at the same time as I was sewing.It felt good to get some of there backlog of quilts out of the way.

The first Nancy Drew quilt is done.

Panto: Posh

Here's the back
This Nancy Drew is a bit smaller.

Panto: Woven Wind

Same backing

The customer's husband wanted a flag for his man cave. I think she did a really good job with it!

Panto: Star Swirl

Great backing, too
This bright quilt is underway and should be finished today. I have a doctor appointment for my second shingles shot, and will be in the studio after that.
I realized yesterday when Molly and I went up to the living area, that I had never shown you the back of the house. We have a nice, big screen porch where we can sit and enjoy the back garden.
I'm off to the doctor! She is doing her appointments in the parking lot. I'm hoping there isn't a weigh in...I have gained a bit of weight staying home and enjoying all manner of comfort food. Bad Susan!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.