Saturday, June 6, 2020

Hitting on all cylinders

The motor came yesterday morning and Mr Wazoo installed it right away. Nope...machine still not working. I put in a call to the corporate office of APQS and they assured me someone would contact me shortly, A couple of hours later, I got a call from a woman named Amy, who was very apologetic and sincere about wanting to make it right. She had the record of all my troubles with the machine, and was ready to help me get satisfaction. It took hours over the phone exploring the inner workings of the computer that powers the quilting. I'm not a computer geek, so I just tapped stuff when she said and followed her directions. Voila, it was a computer problem. All the maneuvering and parts replacements we did were moot. She has me keeping the motor for a week to be sure the problem is solved, and then I can return it (again) for a refund. This had better be the end!
Back to work!
First to test the waters was this tee shirt quilt.

The recipient came to the USA from Latvia.
Panto: Rounded Squares

The guy also does triathlons, so the quilt maker found this perfect backing fabric!

It's Christmas!! No, its isn't, but the customer will be ready to decorate when it is!

Panto: Swirling snowfall

The quilting shows up nicely on the back.
I broke out some fabric fort a quilt I saw on the Butterfly Threads blog. It is called Twirla, and is a free pattern. I'm going to give it a 'Twirla' and see what it looks like. Here are the fabrics I chose, and what I have done so far.

I stacked my fabric in piles of eight squares in preparation for block making.
I'm going with the Aboriginal Aussie look.

Hmmm...I don't like the background. It doesn.t do a thing for the other fabric. Rats! I stopped everything and cut new background squares.

Oh yeah, that's better. Each stack of squares make two reverse image blocks.

Here are the next two block components made and trimmed.
Outside, things have been fixed, too. The old barn quilt had to come down. The plies in the wood were separating and it was falling apart. We had one made up in Hayesville, NC out of aluminum so it won't ever rot. The only hitch was that we couldn't talk anyone into putting it up under the peak. We settled for having it outside the studio where it can still be seen from the road. The entrance to the studio is nice and homey, don't you think?


Same pattern and colors as our original block.

I love having the screen door. I can get fresh air and hear the birds singing and the fountain burbling.

I know it's too big for the space...would you like to come over and hang it up top? I'll hold the ladder for you.
BYO Ladder. I'd love it better up there...
I'm almost done with this quilt on the machine. I will finish it tomorrow. I loved  Nancy Drew as a kid. I still have quite a collection of the books somewhere in a box in the garage.



1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing Twirla. I think I may have a pattern for a FQ bundle I have been saving.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.