Friday, June 5, 2020

Gloomy and raining

Our day started with hard rain and gray skies. My mind is telling me to go back to bed and enjoy it, but my common sense is urging me to get to work. Sigh...
Yesterday, My son sent me a picture of Dechen's lunch. He arranges the components into faces to amuse the kid, but something funny happened.

Papa made a growly, unhappy face...

Kid re-arranged the stuff and made this.  I like it!
I'm going to try to be more like the optimistic child today, and get on with work. The motor should arrive today and we will be doing some repairs. Meanwhile, I will be doing the stitch around the elements on this quilt. It should take a couple of days, but has to be done. Then, it will be another background fill marathon.

Very pretty, but...Oy! That's a lot of boring quilting ahead.
I made many more repair parts for the old quilt, and took it upstairs to work on in the evening. I have five or six done, and many more to go. Then, I'll bring it back to the studio and make more patches.

Making a mess with prospective patch fabrics.

Patches pinned to the quilt.
A year ago we all went to a quilt show. How things change... No shows happening this summer.

That's my quilt in the center bottom of the picture.
It was a nice show down in Cobb county, GA.
I'm off to the studio and will see what mischief I can get into.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.