Monday, August 24, 2020

Bad news at Wazoo

 Mr Wazoo took Molly to the vet today because she has been losing weight and sleeping all the time. I was especially concerned when she stopped meeting my customers at the door, or singing to a select few of them. An ultrasound revealed a huge mass on her liver, and it is cancerous. He put her on steroids and a medication to boost her appetite, but there is nothing to be done for the disease. She is dying. We have had her for 14 years, and I am devistated by the news. We will be spoiling her for a while.

On Sunday, I finished the Dog quilt, but not without a major problem with the backing size. I had 1 1/2 inches on the sides to clamp onto, and it took longer to quilt because of all the finagling I had to do to keep it centered on the back. It's a pretty quilt, and I'm glad to have it finished.

The dogs are really swanky looking in these colors.

Panto: Curlyque.

Pretty swirly backing, too.

You can judge by the last joint of my finger how small the sides were on the backing.

I really wanted to quilt something flat, square, not wonky and with a big enough backing...so I did one of my own quilts! Here is the Route 66 quilt, all done but the binding.

Route 66 four patch posey

Panto: Jetty

I hit the fabric jackpot when I found this backing!

I also got the bear wall hanging sewed up and ready to quilt. It will go on a hanger until I have spare time (HA!) or maybe a Sunday afternoon.

I thought of adding a small border, but it woule be too big for the wall I intend to hang it on. I will bind it in the same fabric as the tiny inner border to add the dark edge I want.

Today, I only finished one quilt. This is the first of three quilts from a favorite customer. She has a fun style and makes happy quilts. Here is her Halloween offering.

Some of the fabrics were hysterical to look at. There are bottles of potions that have funny names like 'Bat Breath'

Panto: Along Came a Spider



ooOOOoOo....spider webs and spiders!!

Well, I hope tomorrow is a good day. After today, it has to be!

A girl and her stash.







2 comments:

  1. Oh, so sorry about your little buddy. Last year, I lost our 21 year old cat and it seems like those years of memories living with us are so hard to let go. Your work is always amazing and prolific. Thank you for taking the time to share with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are trying to come to grips with Molly's illness, and taking each day as it comes. Work seems a bit worthless right now, but I forge ahead, trying to whittle down the 25 quilts that are waiting to be quilted. Off to the studio!

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.