Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Funday Sunday leads to Bluesday Tuesday...

 On Sunday, I finished my dots quilt top. Yesterday, I finished the quilting and the binding! I really like this quilt. It's soft and colorful...right up my alley.

The pattern is Off Track by Cluck Cluck Sew. I have made a few of these in different sizes and I love how they turn out. One of them is my most re-pinned photo on Pinterest!

The panto is Bubblicious. I wish I had made it just a bit smaller, but it came out so soft and nice, I'm okay with it. The big circles are about 3 1/2 inches across.

Yowza! Most of the back is Tula Pink's Disco Cats. I bought all they had on the bolt, and it wasn't quite enough. I added some of the leftover fabric from a quilt I made a couple of weeks ago.


The binding is the same solid fuchsia as the inner border. I sewed it down by machine since it will be a utility quilt and be washed frequently.

Polka dot label!

The first customer project was this veggie and labels table cloth. It is the second table cloth for the same customer I quilted one for a couple of weeks ago. She informs me there will be seven of these, all the same. At least I'll know what to do on them!
The customer told me that she had to scour the internet for more of the panels that she used on this, because, after her family saw the first one, everybody wanted one! She found them on Etsy and bought all they had.

Panto: Bush Berries with variegated yellow thread.


Same Delft plates on the back.

Next on the docket was this fun chicken quilt.All the chickens have their names on their nesting boxes. How cute is that?
A full coop!

Panto: Chicken wire, in tan thread

There are chickens and sunflowers on the back.

I also finished quilting this pretty quilt for the maker's granddaughter. The customer knows the fabric designer, and was happy to use the collection in this project.

The customer hand appliquéd the daisies with a big buttonhole stitch. The entire quilt is charming.

Panto: Flower Power

The backing is also from the collection.

Bluesday Tuesday starts now. I will be spending my day in preparation for a colonoscopy tomorrow morning. I'm not sure how much work I'll accomplish, but I'll be in the studio, drinking lemonade spiked with laxatives. Oh joy.

I have been thinking about all the people who crowd into the president's rallies and then return to their neighborhoods. Please, dear readers, socially distance, wear your masks when you go out and wash your hands!! And most of all, VOTE!! Here in Georgia, the lines were long for early voting, and I'm sure they will be long until this is over. I'm not shy in saying that I am hoping we will get the present administration out of Washington and a new saner one installed. Everyone has 45-fatigue. We need to get the country back on track for the citizens and for the world. Okay, I'm done. 
Be kind to each other and stay safe!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.