Monday, December 28, 2020

Quilting my way into the new year

 Over Christmas Eve and the day after Christmas, I quilted a huge rush quilt for a customer whose family would be visiting for a short time. The pattern took 30 minutes a row to quilt, and the quilt had ten rows. To make a greater challenge, the batting was one inch wider than the quilt on both sides. It took a long time to do, but its done.

I had it loaded on Christmas Eve. You can see how little leeway I had for the quilt sides.


The day after Christmas I worked a half day and got the quilt almost to the end by 6:00.


Finished today! It has all sorts of Holiday themed fabrics, many fussy cut.

Panto: Let it snow using gold Glide thread

The gold thread looks wonderful on the back.

The customer also had a smaller Christmas quilt, so I quilted it today so she would only have to make one trip to pick them up.

This quilt had ample backing and batting, so it was a piece of cake to quilt.

Panto: Lorien's Trees in Green thread front and back.


The next quilt is loaded and ready for tomorrow. It is another of the many table cloths I am doing for the same customer. I think I have done four so far, and there are eleven altogether.

A few most snow pictures since I think the white stuff will be gone by tomorrow night. It has been melting slowly all day.

Penny has had more fun plowing around and getting covered in the stuff.

Much of the snow has fallen off the trees, but the curbside view of the house is still pretty!

My sister sent me this sparkly bear. It looks very cute on my shelf of honor, right in front of Molly's ashes.



Penny got her last puppy shots today! I gave her a bath and a thorough brushing before we took her to the Vet. She looked like a toy bear! Her grooming appointment isn't until the 28th of January! She will surely need a heavy shearing by then.
Speaking of bears...


Another good reason to have your hot tub  indoors!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.