Thursday, December 31, 2020

The last day of a horrible year

 2020 will be over at midnight tonight, but the virus will rage on and Trump will still be desperately trying to destroy the nation. 2021 looks to be another tough year. I am grateful Mr Wazoo and I have managed to dodge Covid so far, while people all over are falling to the illness without abatement. The news says a person dies every 10 minutes in California, and the virus has mutated into a more virulent strain that is more easily transmitted. We will stay home and wear our masks whenever anyone is close to us. We have let our guard relax around friends, but will be more vigilant in the future.

I spent a couple of sewing days in the studio, trying to revive my mojo for quilting. I think all quilters must be feeling the slump, because we have been isolated from each other and unable to compare and brainstorm our ideas for new projects. I forced myself to plunge in and see where it takes me.

I drafted out a block on EQ and chose a jelly roll for the wider strips. Some of the blocks will be black and white, because I  didn't have enough strips of color for the whole quilt.

I made a bunch of blocks and put them on the design wall. I have already moved them around twice since taking this picture. I have an idea where I am going with the design, but am still mulling over what will go in the blank spaces.

Meanwhile, customer quilting goes on, and I am slowly catching up with their quilts.

The table cloth is done.

This one has a particularly beautiful backing. 

The same panto as the others; Bush Berries

This attractive split nine patch has been on the rack since November 16th! The quilter is excited too come pick it up next week.

She requested a pattern with hearts and flowers, so I chose Frolic, using the blue-green thread

It shows nicely on her backing.

This was a kit the quilter had for 10 years before sewing it together. The fabrics are pretty, but a bit busy next to each other. 

The pattern of quilting gets lost in the florals.

I used the panto, Espallier with green thread. It is a handsome quilt.

Penny woke us up at 4:30 and I couldn't get back to sleep, so I got up and now, I'm dragging! I am NOT a morning person! There may be a nap later today, or I won't make it to midnight for the New Year's ball drop.
I wish everyone a happy and safe New Year, with brighter and happier days ahead. We've made it this far...let's hang on and carry on.













No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.