Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Pretty day, rainy evening

All four of my kids had snow yesterday. This may not seem strange until you find out one lives in southern Arizona where it is usually hotter than Hades, and one lives in Portland, Oregon where the weather is mild most of the year. Portland girl said if we had snow in Georgia, all the bases would be covered. Nope! It was 60 degrees and lovely. Lovely again today, but that deteriorated and now it is pouring rain and chilly.

Sierra Vista, Arizona

Madison, Wisconsin

Portland, Oregon

Blairsville, Georgia

Just outside my studio

Aside from the weather...I have been quilting and sewing the time away. I finished the Packers commission quilt and sent it off today.

Keeping everything straight was a challenge, but the writing is all right side up!

Panto: Jetty in cheddar yellow thread.

The backing is this packers flannel. Cuddly and warm for Wisconsin winters. The binding is the fabric used in the narrow strips in the blocks. I did the hand sewing last night.

I quilted another of the never ending stream of Christmas quilts from one pf my best customers. She has made 24 Christmas quilts for all her family members! Wow! She plans to make one for herself, then she'll be done.
This customer must have a huge Christmas fabric stash. 
On my shelves? Maybe four Holiday fabrics.

Panto: Snowfall with red thread as requested by the customer

Another nice Christmasy backing.

After 6:00 and one row to go. Rats!!
Tomorrow, Penny goes for her first real haircut. I should have some fun photos tomorrow evening!

Hmmmm...what look should she get?
um...NO

Goodness! Who thought this was a good look?

He can't make up his mind which animal he is!

A chicken?...Please, no.

I'd be happy if she looks like this!!














No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.