Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Visitors!

We have been holed up here for so long that when we get a visitor, we are beside ourselves with elation. My daughter from Portland ,OR is here for a week! All precautions have and are being observed, and I am loving seeing her in person again after a year. Of course, I have neglected the studio and quilting, but have continued fixing the rush repair job while we visit.

Before she arrived, I did manage to clear out the QOVs that have been languishing under Millie's table for a couple of busy months.

Patriotic panels are always a beautiful centerpiece for a QOV! This one is especially nice.

Panto: Simply Stars

Patriotic backing, too.

The second quilt also has a panel centerpiece. The pieced stars set it off nicely!

Panto: Ribbon Stars

Old Glory on the backing

After finishing the QOVs, I quilted this lovely turquoise quilt. It reminds me of the Gulf Stream back in the Florida Keys. On a cold, gray day, it was a warm flashback to a wonderful vacation!

The king sized quilt featured all sorts of tranquil sea scenes bordered with turquoise batiks.

I used a fish and ripple panto to echo the scenes in the larger blocks.

The backing was also pieced with under the sea prints.

I have finished another quilt, but haven't taken the pictures yet. You see, my daughter walked in and surprised me while I was in the process of trimming the quilt. In my joy, I forgot what I was doing and left the studio, leaving my machine turned on overnight, and the un-trimmed quilt on the cutting table. I'll get back to it today while Carolyn is off hiking part of the Appalachian Trail south of town today. I'm having a happy moment in one of the most horrible times we have all endured.

 
and now, your moment of cuteness.


 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.